PART TWO-AND-A-HALF: Basic Laws of Clothing and Accessories
- Bow ties are funnier than straight ties.
- Polka dots are funnier than checks, but plaids are even more funny. Madras plaids, however, are not funny.
- Glasses (especially cat's-eye) are funny, but not as funny as most people might think.
- Suspenders are funnier than belts.
- Stocking feet are funnier than either shoes or bare feet. White socks with red toes and heels are the funniest of all.
- Fuzzy clothes never fail to amuse. One of your repeating characters should wear a fuzzy suit or sweater.
- Contrary to popular belief, cigarettes are funnier than both cigars and pipes. Draw them with smoke swirling up from the tip, and guffaws are guaranteed.
- Silly-looking hats are cheap devices employed only by inferior cartoonists and should be avoided if at all possible.
Principles in Effect
Special bonus comedy tip: Emote-a-matic symbols around the head make any drawing twice as funny. Add a call-out, and you'll have them rolling in the aisles.
Basic Laws of Common, Everyday Objects