BIRDSHIT BY BIRDSHIT
Look out for these clues that your writing
- Only online magazines will publish it.
- Your favorite subjects are Why Your Last Relationship Sucked,
Why Your Last Job Sucked, and Why You Love Coffee.*
- You cover your newspaper's "What's Hot Online" beat.
- You're trying to emulate Ernest Hemingway.
- You're trying to emulate Jack Kerouac.
- You believe in "experimenting with unchartered formats."
- Your name is John F. Kennedy Jr.
- People say your writing reminds them of slam poetry.
- Your writing instructor suggests a career in technical
- Your writing instructor suggests you submit your work to
- You're the editor of Swing magazine.
*Unless you have an illustrator named Terry Colon who makes
things look funny and interesting when they're not.
Next ... Translating Writerspeak into English!